Sign up to receive our regular news and events announcements – we send about one newsletter per month.
• One in five (20%) Australians aged 16-85 experience a mental illness in any year
• The onset of mental illness is typically around mid-to-late adolescence and Australian
youth (18-24 years old) have the highest prevalence of mental illness than any other age group.
• 65% of people with mental illness do not access any treatment.
As someone who lives with a chronic mental illness, I am passionate about educating my audience about mental illness and good mental health. My aim is to raise awareness, break down the stigma and provide practical advice for friends, carers and those in need of support.
• Signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety in young people
• When and where to seek help
• Practical advice to offer support
• The experience of mental illness and recovery
• Leading a meaningful life and living with a chronic illness
At any given time 1 in 5 employees are likely to be experiencing a mental health condition. 65% of people with mental illness do not access any treatment. Mental illness costs Australian businesses around $10.9 billion a year in lost productivity. Research has shown that for every for every one dollar invested in mental health […]