Sign up to receive our regular news and events announcements – we send about one newsletter per month.
Through My Eyes:
NAVEED – From the Winter of war comes the Spring of hope
With John Heffernan.
- An unflinching look at war and its impact on ordinary people, especially children and women.
- A tribute to the courage and resilience of those who refuse to be crushed by the staggering forces of war, especially the young.
- A glimpse into how hope and optimism can triumph over despair, poverty, hunger and disease.
- An exploration into the power of attitude. Compassion and understanding versus vengeance and hatred. Words versus weapons.
- A selection of readings to highlight key aspects of the novel such as characters, suspense, action and emotion.
- Researching a war story – getting everything right.
- Telling it as it is. How to write the hard stuff. Capturing realism without turning off your audience.
- The Director’s Cut: What to leave in, what to take out.
- Taboo or Not Taboo: Dealing sensitively with cultural issues without becoming bland and irrelevant.
- Where Now? What happens to this beautiful country and proud people when the Coalition forces leave?
Find A Speaker
Browse by Audience
Browse by Type
Browse by Location